Departments & Specialities
Back to all specialties
The SSMC Renal Division administers a dynamic and fully integrated program of renal care spanning the entire spectrum of renal diseases from early detection of renal disease and hypertension to the provision of renal replacement therapy. The renal service adopts a disease management strategy that relies on evidence-based guidelines and best clinical practices to provide personalized, compassionate and top quality medical care.
- Acute kidney injury
- Disorders of water balance, electrolytes and acid-base
- Disorders of mineral metabolism and renal osteodystrophy
- Renal stone disease
- Disorders of drug metabolism and renal drug toxicity
- Hypertensive disorders
- Endocrine disorders of the kidney
- Chronic renal failure and end-stage renal disease, dialytic and renal replacement therapies
- Renal disorders of pregnancy
- Tubulointerstitial renal diseases, including inherited diseases of transport, cystic diseases, and other congenital disorders
- Glomerular and vascular diseases, including the glomerulonephritides, diabetic nephropathy, renovascular disease and microvascular syndromes
- Follow up of renal transplant recipients, recognition and medical management of complications of renal transplantation, diagnosis and management of all forms of rejection, infection, and other complications.